Sunday 4 January 2015

New Year's Resolutions



Although the idea of waiting until a new year to make a change in your life makes so little sense when you look at it objectively, the opportunity to start something new along with the start of a new year is just too appealing to ignore. So I'm taking the chance to set myself some goals for 2015, bearing in mind that things may be added as they occur to me throughout the year.

Read 25 Books
Every once in a while I decide I'm definitely going to read more, but this year I've decided to put an actual number on this goal. 25 books amounts to an average of just over 2 books a month, which should be manageable. I'll be taking part in the Goodreads challenge, so you can follow my progress here. Hopefully I'll post a couple of reviews on here as the year goes on too.

Create a Project Life Album
I'll be graduating, after a fantastic four years in Sheffield, in June and I'd like a more tangible version of all my memories to look back on later in life. Inspired by Lily's video, I've decided that a Project Life style scrapbook is the way I want to go about this, and I can't wait to get started!

Run a 5k
Something you should know about me is that I will always say I dislike running. Not running full stop. Just running for the sake of running. I play Ultimate Frisbee at a decent enough level that running can't be avoided, and I've never hated all the running that goes on throughout a tournament weekend, but the idea of going for a run just doesn't appeal to me. Saying that, I've never properly given it a try, so the idea is to complete a Couch to 5K programme, and then actually run a proper 5k race, before making a proper decision on whether my hatred of running is justified.

Get Healthy
The most generic New Year's Resolution ever (it must be, right?). But I've put on a little bit of weight this year (and I don't just mean over Christmas), and I'd like to go about losing that while improving my general fitness and the range of healthy vegetarian recipes in my repertoire. Nothing drastic, just small changes here and there.

Plan an Unforgettable Summer
I'll be starting a graduate job in September, and as I've spent my last three summers working, I'd like to make the most of the three months after I finish my degree. I don't know exactly what form this will manifest itself in yet, but I'm excited to see what I can come up with!

Complete a Sewing Project
With some of my wages last summer I bought myself a sewing machine, but other than playing around with it when I first got it, I've not yet used it. I now own two sewing books, with projects and patterns included (Learn to Sew with Lauren and The Great British Sewing Bee Book), so figure that I should really just pick a project and go from there. I'm sure sewing escapades will make their way into a blog post once I get started with this.

This really didn't seem like a lot in my head, but now that I've written it all down I've ended up with a pretty sizeable blog post, so thanks for making it this far.

Let me know if you've got any resolutions for 2015, and if you've dedicated a blog post to them, share the link and I'll check them out!


Hannah-Rose x 

No comments:

Post a Comment